1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 2500 (no sound!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hersam, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hersam

hersam Thread Starter

I re-installed Win XP onto my I2500 and now the sound card is saying that it's installed properly, but it cannot start. I've misplaced my Dell Diagnostics & Utilities CD that has all the original drivers. Unfortunately, Dell's website isn't any help because they don't have the drivers for my integrated speakers. Does anyone have the cd that I need?

2. BTS '76

BTS '76

have you tried uninstalling the sound card from device manager, and then rebooting to let windows reinstall, and load the proper drivers?

Also, what kind of sound card is it, you may be able to go to the manufacturers website, and download the nessary drivers.

3. hersam

hersam Thread Starter

I've uninstalled the device and rebooted, but still had the same problem. The device is SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio and I went to the manufacturer's web page, but it just referred me back to Dell's support site.

4. BTS '76

BTS '76

5. hersam

hersam Thread Starter

Thanks! Unfortunately, that didn't work. After the install is through, I get an error saying "Driver not found! Reboot your system and run the setup again." I rebooted and ran the setup again, but got the same error message.

Thanks for finding that driver, though! You're awesome!

6. BTS '76

BTS '76

you may wanna run a virus scan

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice