1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell inspiron 3551, no chipset drivers available, crucial st

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by austinpinto, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. austinpinto

austinpinto Thread Starter

hi all.
    first of all, please excuse as i am going to put a lot of questions in 1 thread.
    i have a dell inspiron 3551 laptop.
    its specs are as mensioned.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3978 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2042 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (383 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0CMF7W
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated.
    1. i require chipset driver for this laptop, i searched google and not sure if i found the right thing so didnt install, dell has 2015 driver which may cause problems with windows 10 so didnt install.
    2. i have a crucial bx500 480gb ssd, i installed crucial storage executive and my laptop is shone as sata 2 and i am getting very bad speeds using CrystalDiskMark i have attached its report.
    is there any card or something that i can put in which will give me a cheep upgrade to sata 3?
    note i have enabled momentum cache on storage executive and so the high write speeds.

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

According to Dell, their Insprion 15-3551 only comes with the slower SATA 3 Gbps controller in it. The 15-3558 has the faster SATA 6 Gbps in it.

Dell.com > Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Dell Inspiron 3551 (support site)
    HERE is the Intel chipset driver(10.1.1.7) for that laptop for Windows 10 64-bit.

SpywareDr is correct.
    Your model laptop supports SATA2 (3.0 Gbps) and not SATA3 (6.0 Gbps).

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. austinpinto

austinpinto Thread Starter

is there any way i can upgrade it to sata 3?
    if it supports pcie or any card connector.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

My old gigabyte P43T-es3g is sata 2 also and I recently upgraded to a SSD and my speeds are 280 MB/s which is twice as fast as my old hard drive:) . If you had a desktop you could put a HDD controller card in the PCIE 1X slot to do 6Gbps, no choices with a laptop. Going to change my laptop to SSD it currently reads at 84 MB/s Ugg.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice