Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Inspiron 3847

Solved 
1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Not sure of the proper place to open this thread, but I thought hardware was best. I am wanting to install a gtx 650ti into the Inspiron (title). I have changed the power supply to a rosewill 500 watt. The inspiron will post and go to windows by just using the on-board graphics, but will only show a black screen on the monitor when the 650 is supplying the signal. The monitor states that a signal is not present, but I have included a pic of the monitor when the 650 is left in, but on-board graphics is being used. I have tested the 650 in another pc and it works. I have attempted many steps and will list all I can remember below. I am just looking for any suggestions (order to do things) or if anyone else has encountered this problem? Will the Inspiron support the 650 through the only pci express port, I have looked at the specifications and it should? Thanks for your help Gadget Computer Output device Font Personal computer
Font Electronic device Parallel Paper Software

What I have done:
Different Cable
Different Monitor
Different graphics card
Updated BIOS
Updated Chipset
Enabled Dual Monitor in BIOS
Automatically selected input on Monitor (both)
Changed resolution when in windows from integrated graphics
Disabled integrated graphics
Turned-off Hibernation

See less See more
#2 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

4 GB DDR3 RAM

----------------------------------------------------------------

If your intent is to use that Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop for gaming, I doubt you will have a quality gaming experience with those hardware specs.

Are you sure you have the monitor connected to the graphic card port and not to the integrated graphic port?

#5 ·
Is the GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphic card appearing in the Display Adapters heading in the Device Manager, or is the integrated display device appearing?

After looking at and thinking about your reply I wanted to give this update. I had the 650 6pin connected but stayed on the integrated graphics. When I looked at the device manager it showed a Microsoft Basic Display Driver and the Intel Driver. So next I went to the Zotac website and downloaded the driver from there. This driver installed and on restart and plugged into the 650, no more black screen and 650 is recognized. Thanks for your time and help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.