1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tonchis, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonchis

tonchis Thread Starter

I need help on a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop with windows 7 32 bit computer. I Am receiving an Error code 8007000e and windows updates are not updating and downloading anything except the windows update agent 7.6.7600.320 and this was automatic installed when I upgraded from windows Vista to windows 7 home premium. I have windows service pack 1 and have manually installed the latest Internet Explorer 11 from the Microsoft Download Center. I really, really need help with windows updates. I have Activated windows 7 and set the clock to right time & date as well as the time zone. I don't know what else to do. please help.
    tonchis

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact service tag number and express service code number on that Dell Inspiron 530 desktop?

Is it currently running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit or 64-bit?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. tonchis

tonchis Thread Starter

To Flavallee The service Tag # is 398J5J1 and the service code is 7088873149. It is currently running Windows 7 Home premium SP1 32-bit. Thank you for helping me with issue, I hope that you will find solutions with this problem that I am having.
    tonchis

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    HERE is the assigned support site for your Dell Inspiron 530 desktop.
    According to its system configuration section, it shipped in May 2009 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 32-bit.
    It came with an Intel Celeron 450 2.20 GHz single core processor and 2 GB of DDR2-800 RAM and a 250 GB SATA II hard drive.

Do the following in that desktop:
    Download MGADiag and save it to your desktop.
    Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program.
    Click "Continue".
    Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).
    Click the "Copy" button, then leave the report window open.
    Paste the report back here in your next reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. tonchis

tonchis Thread Starter

I am sorry I didn't reply to you sooner. As I was trying to update my computer it started working. This was right before you sent your last Message. I did a Computer Scan after I had installed and Downloaded all windows updates. Everything is working as a computer should. I installed a Anti-virus protection and install the Latest Internet Explorer for my computer. Again thank you very much for your help.
    tonchis

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome, but I would still like to see the log that I requested.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. tonchis

tonchis Thread Starter

This was my old computer that was given to me by my brother-in law. Now that I bought a new Dell Desktop computer I gave the old computer to Nephew as a gift. Again I am so sorry if I cause you any problems, I do thank you for all your help on this matter.
    tonchis

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    No problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice