1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 546 Graphics Driver Update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Folkiephil, Oct 1, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Folkiephil

Folkiephil Thread Starter

Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 546 that -- incredibly -- successfully downloaded the Windows 10 May 2019 update. All is running well, except my screen is stretched, and my resolution is low -- 1028-720. I can't find an update for my old ATI 3200 HD graphics adapter, but I did find a compatible Graphics Driver for only about $45. Am I correct that if I replace the graphics driver, my display problems will be solved? Thanks so much, all! Folkiephil

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Whoa....you never ever pay for a driver.

First check your display settings and set it to recommended. If you go to Dells support site you can download the driver from there. You will need to input your service tag number.....

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=drivers

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

4. Folkiephil

Folkiephil Thread Starter

Thanks so much! As a relatively uneducated techie, I think I meant to say, "graphics card" as opposed to "graphics drive." I have tried for weeks to update the driver, to no avail. As I mentioned, I found a new graphics card that is compatible with my Dell Inspiron 546......I'm just not sure it will solve my problem. Thanks again for responding!

5. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    For $45 you could buy a new (basic) graphics card that is supported with windows 10.

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What does your display settings show?

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What $45 Graphics card are you thinking of buying ?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice