1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 6000 battery not charging

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Atmabhava, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Atmabhava

Atmabhava Thread Starter

I recently bought a new battery, thinking my old one which was a refurbished battery just packed up as it was on the way out. When i put new battery in the power meter reads 52%. The battery is not charging however! When the power plug is pulled out the battery light does not come on! The battery is a brand new 9cell, so im sure it is not the battery. I suspect this is why refurbished battery died, or has it? Any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated as im not so savvy at the tech stuff!
    The computer has been running abit slower recently after upgrading memory 3 months ago to 2gb, so wondering if its caught something! I have avast protection. Cheers for ya help!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What a lot of laptop users are not aware of is that if the battery and charging unit are not compatible with each other, the battery will not fully charge or charge at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Atmabhava

Atmabhava Thread Starter

ok, so you reckon i might need a charging unit too? How do i find this out. The battery is compatible with this computer? cheers

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You already have a charging unit. That's what plugs into the laptop and into the wall outlet.

You need to check the ratings on the battery and the ratings on the charging unit to see if they match.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. Atmabhava

Atmabhava Thread Starter

6. Atmabhava

Atmabhava Thread Starter

The prob could already be there though, cuz my old battery reads 0% charged. i thought it was the battery but maybe it isnt?

7. Atmabhava

Atmabhava Thread Starter

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice