1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 6000 Internal Speaker Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeSchmoeYaKnow, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSchmoeYaKnow

JoeSchmoeYaKnow Thread Starter

So the other night I heard some crackling noises coming from my laptop and then the sound just stopped working altogether. I pretty frequently plug and unplug a set of external speakers in the headphone jack so I figured this might be the issue. Sure enough, when I apply pressure with my finger over the headphone jack opening the internal speakers work fine. When I release the pressure the internal speakers stop working. I kind of smacked the laptop on the side a bit and it seems to be ok for now but I'm guessing the only way to fix this permanently if the issue returns is to open the laptop and secure anything that might be loose near the headphone jack. I have never opened up my laptop before, if I do have to do this are there some precautions I should be taking to ensure I don't completely mess it up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/953109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice