1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 6000 wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rbusch, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbusch

rbusch Thread Starter

Dell Inspiron 6000 wireless
    I got a free delll inspiron 6000 laptop. it wouldnt load the os after a virus scan was done. didnt have original cd soo reloaded copy of xp pro never used before onto machin in attempt to repair. repair wouyld not work soo i reformatted the machine and installed new copy of xp pro. Since i reformatted and reinstalled i can no longer get my wireless card to show i check device manager not sure what to look for or what driver to update. maby its not even a driver issue . Please help . any ideas appreciated

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you need to go onto the dell website and download all the drivers for the laptop

on the laptop will be a tag number
    use this in the dell website and it will take you to all the drivers for that machine

in device manager I suspect you have a lot of yellow ? - these are the items with missing drivers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/902833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice