Dell Inspiron 6000 wont run on battery

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

narknark

My Dell Inspiron 6000 wont run on it's battery. The battery says it's charged, and 100%. The battery charge indicator on the battery is 100%. I've checked the power cord and it will run the laptop without the battery connected. However when the A/C power is disconnected and the laptop jumps to battery power, it immediately dies. I've checked and updated the BIOS, and everything checks out...any suggestions would be helpful.

maby its something in the drive corrosion or a piece or paper or something sticky on the connection... maby cleaning the connectors on the battery end & shining a flash light on the connector in the laptop to get avisible look there as well.. maby use a Q tip and give them a wipe too

also maby your getting a false output from the battery, you should try usinga meter to test the voltage stored in the battery and see if its really charged...

I think you need a new battery for your laptop since your battery can not hold charges anymore, that is why it drains out easilly.

Thing is though, it may be to do with the circuitry, if it is, a new battery won't help.

First things first, pull the battery out and clean the contacts. Erasers work wonders for this, just be sure to clean up the debris after you done. Then, reinstall the battery and test it. If it still fails, put a DVOM (Volt Meter) on it and see if really does have a charge. Last thing would be to call Dell after you have done the above.

Good luck!!!

I dont think its a circuitry since the laptop runs when the adpter is plug in...however when it shifts to battery although it indicates that is fully charge it dies out.

he was reffering to the circutry in the battery hense put hte meter to the battery... i already said all that tho on the 1st response, but whatever... let us know how this turned out for you and or what the issue wound up being...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts