dell inspiron 6400 problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fftljoe

my wired network card is not recognizing my connection, but the wifi is fine. the card itself is enabled, i updated the drivers to the latest of my knowledge. i am running vista home, the card is a broadcom 440x 10/ 100 Integrated Controller.

any insight into this would be appreciated

fftljoe

i have looked into the problem further and i notice that my PCI Bus 3 function 1 2 and 3 in the device manager are not recognized (they have the ! by them) which coinciedently is where the network card is located.

Hi,
If u a any other system in which u r able to Go online go to www.support.dell.com Select Driver and downloads, Type u r service tag number, it will open a list of drivers, select CHIPSET drivers and download and burn it in a CD and try to load in the system, check wheter it is working (y)(y)(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online