1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell inspiron 8000 boot problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by patchan, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patchan

patchan Thread Starter

I have a Dell inspiron 8000 laptop that my friend gave me. The thing does not seem to want to power up at all. When i try to boot up the computer, all the lights go on, sounds like its about to boot up, then 5 seconds later, everything will just shut off.

Dont know if this info would cause this type of problem, but the screen is disconnected from the laptop since it was broken and i have it connected to a differnt monitor via monitor plug in the back of the laptop.

Tried booting the computer with/out battery as well. Tried removing all the parts and reseating all parts. Same. I was able to boot the laptop once after 100 tries, it ran for a day, tried to install win2k and then ended up shutting off on me again.

And recently i noticed the fan would spin and stop when i try to bootup as well.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. zeddy

zeddy

Wonder if the cmos battery has died and needs replacing or the power supply is faulty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/200213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice