Dell Inspiron B120 with XP home edition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diego1

Hi,

My cd rom bay will not open unless I use a paper clip, although I can place a cd in & it will recognize & go into auto-run.

Can anyone advise whats going on & what can I do to rectify?

It sounds as though the eject button is not making a good contact.
Try right-clicking the drive and select "Eject".

diego1

Hi, I tried what you suggested but, the bay door light only flickers & doesn't open. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

This sounds like a mechanical problem. Maybe something's stuck in the mechanism.
Take a look with a good light, or try blowing it with compressed air.
These things are not difficult to disassemble, but they're also cheap to replace.
You can try removing it, remove the faceplate and take a look, or just get a new for $30.00 or so.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online