Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Inspiron - Display Driver Missing

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Team,

I would like to kindly request your assistance with a laptop having display issues. The screen was flickering.
I tried following a youtube video on a process that suggested to uninstall the display drive and restart the computer.
However due to the display issue I now only see a white screen and cannot even see the boot logo is just white I can hardly see anything in the screen and the HDMI port will no longer work because I performed this action. Is there a way to re-install the display drive via a bootable USB or something because I cannot see anything not even being able to see boot options?

Is important to add that I was able to see using the HDMI Port with a external display monitor.
But since I did this I can no longer see anything.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20200609165236.000000+120
Processor: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 96 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R6, 512 MB
Hard Drives: C: 917 GB (883 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0GD4HR, ver A03, s/n HQT1PC2.CN1296369NA109.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n HQT1PC2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, I messed up by uninstalling the Display Driver, at least I was able to display from a monitor via HDMI.
But dumb me I proceeded with that step and thought it would download it back at reboot. But Now I am unable to see anything due to the issue my laptop is having so I was wondering what I can do to reinstall at least the display driver

#5 ·
Yes, I am aware of that fact, the problem is that I was at least able to use my laptop using an external monitor. But now that I've done that stupid step it ended up disabling the option for me to do it this way. So I am trying to reinstall the driver.

#13 ·
You should have an output to the HDMI at least... uninstalling the driver in windows will not affect the BIOS showing up.

You should send the laptop in to Dell... I don't think the issue is with the monitor, but the motherboard itself (the video card is onboard)

At least Dell can check to see what component is not working.

#14 ·
If you wait a few minutes after switching the laptop on do you :-
1) hear the Windows startup sound ?
2) I believe there is a light on the Caps lock key, does that light come on if you press the key ?

#15 ·
If you wait a few minutes after switching the laptop on do you :-
1) hear the Windows startup sound ?
2) I believe there is a light on the Caps lock key, does that light come on if you press the key ?
Yes, I hear the logon sounds. I know it is signing into my profile and all but I just cannot see anything I believe is an issue with the flex of the screen. I may need to replace it. I really do not think is the monitor because when I was able to use it via HDMI (before I made the mistake of uninstalling the Display Adapter Driver) I was able to see everything in the monitor for some time and then after some actions, it will go blank and blink until I cannot see anything. I will show you guys how the flews connector and motherboard looks.

#16 ·
You should have an output to the HDMI at least... uninstalling the driver in windows will not affect the BIOS showing up.

You should send the laptop in to Dell... I don't think the issue is with the monitor, but the motherboard itself (the video card is onboard)

At least Dell can check to see what component is not working.
well when I connect it after I uninstalled the drive I cannot see the BIOS via HDMI.

#18 ·
When you hear the machine booted into Windows, try pressing F8. That should switch to the external monitor (HDMI).

On a typical setting, if you removed the display adapter then rebooted, Windows should have reinstalled at least a basic driver for the video. I fear that the flickering is a sign of a bad video controller/card and uninstalling the video driver may have made it worse, hence why I suggested to send it to Dell, that way they can test to make sure if it's the flex/cable as you mentioned , or the board/monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.