1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron Laptop wont start and System Restore doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Speedy16, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Speedy16

Speedy16 Thread Starter

My Dell Inspiron Laptop which runs on Windows Vista will not start properly, the screen will go black after loading, this is before i can get to the log on stage. There is only a cursor which i can move.

I then started Startup Repair and it performed the checks, but my computer still wouldn't start. I then tried System Restore which didn't have a backup. I clicked the link to create a backup, but it said 'Your computer is running in a limited diagnostic state'. I have tried running the Windows Vista disk and it doesn't change anything. I have tried every method I know of, but I cannot get my computer working. Is there any other way, if you know please help me.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

One last thing you can try is to press F8 while booting and on the next menu, select the 'Last Known Good' option

3. toddlerstomper

toddlerstomper Banned

[​IMG]
    Softpedia Mirror (US) [EXE] You can download the ubc4w ultimate boot cd for windows here and follow the steps in my previous post.You can burn it to cd with [email protected] ISO Burner Save the ubcd4w
    to your desktop.Then burn it with active iso burner.You need to run CHKDSK /R from the Ultimate boot disk.VIA Windows recovery console .
    Get this done and we wil go from here. :) Or just run CHKDSK /R from the vista boot disk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956467