1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron won’t boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Inspiron2614, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Inspiron2614

Inspiron2614 Thread Starter

Hi, my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series will not boot. When I press the power button, I hear a clicking sound, the LED light flashes once. I’ve tried booting without the battery, booting without the charger and nothing works. I’ve even tried draining it’s residual power and same outcome.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Can you get into the CMOS/BIOS Setup?

If there is a CD/DVD drive, make sure there is no disc in it.

Also, check to make sure there is nothing else plugged in that the computer might try to boot from, like a USB flash drive.

3. Inspiron2614

No, the laptop will not turn on at all.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

When was the last time it was running okay?

How old is it?

Did i get wet?

Has it been dropped?

5. Inspiron2614

Sometime during the end of August. Around three years old. It’s gotten wet before, but it didn’t cause a repercussion. It’s been dropped a few times but not from crazy heights or anything. Dropped from a few inches or so.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Something got knocked loose, wet, ESD, flaky/failed parts. You might try removing and reinserting the RAM module(s) a few times. Doing so helps clean the contacts and works sometime. If that doesn't do it, you need to take it to someone experienced like Best Buy/Geek Squad and see what their diagnosis is. Hopefully it's something rather simple and inexpensive to repair.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice