Dell Inspiron

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Annierl

Annie
When I turn on my laptop it goes to Automatic repair and says Automatic repair couldn't repair ypur pc and the two options shut down and Advanced options. I've tried just about all of the advanced options and nothing is working I also did f12 diagnostics test and it said nothing was wrong. Need suggestions please it's not my laptop but since I was the last to use it I will get blamed for it not working! BTW I believe it has the latest windows update

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to your image in post #3, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop.

Capture.JPG

According to its warranty and system configuration sections, it was purchased in December 2014 and came with Windows 8 64-bit.

I'll leave you with Macboatmaster.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Annierl

Annie
According to your image in post #3, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop.

View attachment 270828

According to its warranty and system configuration sections, it was purchased in December 2014 and came with Windows 8 64-bit.

I'll leave you with Macboatmaster.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If there is anything connected to the laptop in the USB ports disconnect it
Disconnect power
remove battery
hold down power button for a full 30 seconds
reinstall battery
reconnect power
power on
see if it is any different

This procedure clears all data from ram and is sometimes successful
If not we will when you reply continue

When you reply please simply type in box that appears when you return to the topic, that is the box after my post.
Please do not reply by clicking reply on my post as that quotes back all of this

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
On the advanced options have you tried the startup settings option please

If not try Safe Mode please
  1. Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings.
  2. Click the Restart button, and your computer should now restart and give you a list of options. Choose Enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Last edited:

Annierl

Annie
I have tried safe mode with networking it did not work. Also I think my laptop has said disk layout change. Also might be important to say windows recently updated I think on the 7th.

Annierl

Annie
Also I know what time it is there so I appreciate the help ta

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you got McAfee Anti virus installed by any chance or another third party av
OR are you using the included windows defender

I think the answer to this is going to be cmd prompt from troubleshoot advanced settings
when you return we will try it

Last edited:

Annierl

Annie
I do have an antivirus installed Norton I believe. And okay please tell me the steps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online