Dell installation disks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrdean65

I find I need to do a clean installation of Windows on a generic pc. I've tried to use some old Dell OS CD's, but an error message comes up: "This is only for use on a Dell computer' stops me from installing it.

From the contents of the CD, it looks like there are full Windows versions on it.

Any way around this???

Hi mrdean65

Welcome to TSG! :)

If there was a way around what you ask here, we wouldn't tell you as it is illegal. We don't assist with such illegal matters here.

This thread is closed.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Only for use on a Dell computer, means EXACTLY that ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online