1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Laptop Can't Find My Wifi Network But Can Find Others

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rpthi3f, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpthi3f

rpthi3f Thread Starter

Recently had this issue on my laptop where if i restart/shut down and turn it back on it'll be disconnected from my wifi and won't be able to connect or see the network on the bottom right.
    The laptops able to connect and find to all other wifi networks in my area except mine.
    But on other devices im able to connect to my wifi network just fine, only this laptop has issues unless i reboot my router with the laptop still on then im able to see my network until i restart my laptop again and have the same issue over again.

Im unsure if its a problem with my laptop or the router since the laptops able to connect to find other routers in my area. But at the same time my other devices are able to connect to this router. Also it's a Dlink DIR-826L

I've tried:
    Turning off auto channel scan on my router and manually selecting channels 1-11
    Resetting the router
    Updating wireless drivers on the laptop
    Updating the routers firmware

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    try this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uninstall and allow windows to re-install the adapter and Driver
    goto the device manager > Network Adapters > click on the [+] to show all the adapters

right click on the wireless adapter and from the menu

remove/uninstall the adapter

Now restart the pc and allow windows to detect new hardware and re install the adapter and the driver
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice