Dell Laptop LCD question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

designwebs

I have a dell laptop that the LCD screens seems to have stopped working on. I have a question though. The screen appears to be blank although when I shine a light like say a flashlight against then screen you can see all the icons. What could be wrong with it. Do I have to replace the LCD screen or just replace a bulb?

Any thoughts or comments.

Sounds like the backlight has failed.

It's not usually "a bulb" though, its often integrated with the LCD panel itself.

It could be the electronic ballast that drives the backlight as well.

Sounds like a service call.

Yes usually the entire screen needs replacing (the backlight is built in) or the inverter assembly on the back of the LCD has gone bad. There are companies on the web that repair backlight\inverter problems other than Dell. BOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online