1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Laptop New battery or cord needed??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NJMom130, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NJMom130

NJMom130 Thread Starter

I have a Dell Latitude notebook. In the lower right hand corner it shows a plug that indicates that the notebook is plugged into the wall directly. However, now and then a lightning bolt will appear over it indicating that I am on battery If I shake the cord sometimes the bolt will go away and sometimes will not. Does this indicate I need a new battery, i.e. that it no longer can hold a charge or do I need a new AC cord?

Thanks
    Nancy

2. pinntech

pinntech

Hello,

Check your AC adapter connector on the laptop to see if it is loose. Plug the AC adapter into the laptop and where the connector goes into the laptop see if you can move it around and how much play it has. It sounds like a typical problem that I see all the time on laptops in our shop.

If that is the case, then you will have to have the laptop serviced to fix the problem.

I hope this helps a little.

Shane

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If wiggling the cord gets it working again then its one of two things. First it can be the cord itself where the cords been bent too much or its the connector in the laptop where its been loosened and it needs to be resoldered.

4. winbob

winbob

Or...what happens if you wiggle the cord at the point where the power plug goes INTO the laptop??

Perhaps the socket on the MOBO is loose or broken....ask me how I know this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/335342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice