Dell Laptop Not Booting fm Main HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Highflya25

Hey People, I have a problem that has happened to my Dell Laptop.
1st all of i bought it in the summer of 2011, so its very recent. What happened was tht i woke up one morning n my windows 7 wasnt loading, then i started in safe mode with networking, n i tried to burn a Windows 8 edition. anyways to cut a long story short i managed to get it working. In the mean while i had my My External HD n i was trying to copy files to it, but it was damaged somehow just like my Dell Laptop.
Then i downloaded PTDD Parition doctor to fix my External HD, n it did somethings to it but in the end it failed n i tried to do a Bootfix on it n it did but still failed n it asked me to restart to apply the changes to it.
I did restart n since then it doesn't want to Boot from the Main HD, it tries to boot from anything else other than my main HD such DVD-Rom, Internet n it also thinks thts my Damaged External is my main HD, which is not.
In the BIOS, in the main screen, it shows that the main HD is my External Drive, which is not but when u can go the Boot Tab, it shows the Hard Drive Option n u can set it to Boot from it n i choose it but still it doesnt want to boot from it n Boots from the External.
I think Ptdd did something to the Booting configuration n changed it somehow n now i cant access the laptop's main HD. i also tried to re-install windows 7 or 8 n still the setup or the repairing wont see the Main HD. So, now what can be done to reverse this damage or change of settings on the BIOS so the Laptop Boots from the main HD?
My laptop
  • Dell Insprion N5110
  • 4 GB of Ram (DDR3)
  • Nvidia GeForce 525m
  • Intel Core i5-2410M CPU 2.30Ghz.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
What happens if you disconnect the external HDD and then switch the laptop on ?

dai

as above disconnect the external

check the main hard drive is being seen by the bios and the boot order is set to

first boot cd/dvd
second hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online