Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell laptop on an infinite restart loop.

873 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hi i have a dell studio 1745. After updating to windows 10 i felt my laptop was going very slow so i decided to do a reset i mean i would love to go back to windows 7 only, it was simpler for me as i have no idea about this thing. Anyway the reset failed, it didn't complete and now my it won't load windows it just starts passes dell logo and black screen. When i press F8 a few times nothing happens, except it starts make this noise. I do not have a cd or dvd or another lappy do to something. Can someone help me, how can i recover from this the laptop came preinstalled with windows 7 so i have no disks for it too. Thanks

#4 ·
According to service tag number F73R3L1, THIS is your Dell Studio 1745 17.3" laptop.
According to its original configuration section, it shipped in December 2009 in India and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and came with this hardware:
Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz processor
4 GB(2 GB X 2) DDR3-1066 RAM
Western Digital 640 GB(320 GB X 2) SATA hard drives
LG Hitachi DVD burner & blu-ray disc drive
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphics
IDT 92HD73C1 high definition audio
Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g mini-card
Realtek RTL8111DL gigabit Ethernet

How long ago was your laptop upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit?
Has any of its original hardware been replaced, upgraded, etc.?

--------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
Upgrading your laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 probably destroyed its built-in factory restore partition and will prevent you from resetting it back to its original new condition.
I assume you live in India and not in the U.S.A., so finding and obtaining a factory restore disc kit for your laptop is going to be pretty much impossible.
You can contact Dell support and inquire about it, but I seriously doubt that Dell will still have one to purchase.
Your only option may be to obtain the Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ISO file and then create a bootable disc with that ISO file and then do a clean install.
You can obtain that ISO file by using this third-party tool:
https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

---------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
is that my only option? i have to make a bootable dvd?
there is no other way to start the laptop?
as my other laptop also had a similar issue and i somehow recovered it only difference is that it was acer and they have a recovery software. does dell not have one which could be accessed somehow? there has to a way right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.