1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Laptop Shuts Down

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by csatennis, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. csatennis

csatennis Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inpiron with Vista. I have found that when doing a few operations, the computer will completely shut down, although not immediately. It happens when I am streaming video and also when converting video files to an mp4 format. Most other things don't seem to have that effect on it.

2. KingJackSmith

KingJackSmith

Perhaps the laptop is overheating? Do you notice any heat whilst performing the tasks you mentioned?

3. csatennis

csatennis Thread Starter

It doesn't seem to be any hotter than usual.

4. KingJackSmith

KingJackSmith

Ive seen a lot of people with this problem talking about cleaning the inside of the laptop, have you done so recently? You can buy cans of compressed air which do the job.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065353