1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell laptop won't play Blu Rays anymore

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bbgarnett, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hello, my brothers dell laptop running windows 8.1 will no longer play DVD's or Blu Rays. It had always worked fine before no problems but now he wen't to visit a friend in Iowa and it wouldn't work there and still doesn't. I mean the Drive like see's the disc I think but will not play it.I mean I put in a disc and in the my computer or (This PC menu) it just shows BD-Rom Drive (E) but I can right click and click open and it brings me to a folder with the folders AACS BDMV and Certificate. Now though I did just install VLC media player and when I put in a normal DVD it will play that like it will popup asking if you want to open with VLC and so on. But Blu Ray's won't play. So what happened and or why did it just all of a sudden stop working. In VLC I get the error VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray://E:/'. check log fikes for details, Yet I can't find any log file anywhere to check. SO any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edit: Well I got the it to work in VLC sort of like the movie I was testing was Fast & Furious 6 and it has 2 discs a blu ray and standard DVD and well I was just putting in the first one ( Blu Ray) it won't play that one. VLC does not popup automatically I just get the error in VLC Unable to lad MRL blu ray error when I try to start it manually. So I tried the DVD one and it loaded fine with no problems (VLC popped up automatically and started playing the menu screen). SO DVD's are playing just fine but not Blu Rays

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice