Dell Laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silverbirch

hi,
I ve got a Dell laptop , prob 6 or more yrs old now and
it was refurb when I bought it

However, I turn on the power, the dell logo appears then
it goes to ..... continue with system resume....
I press what I think is the enter button and nothing happens
I just cant get it to boot up
model no PP04X

THANKS FOR ANY help or comment

Which version of Windows 10 is installed on ? Or is it an earlier Windows ( 7, 8.1 ? )

You have tried booting it several times and it always says "continue with system resume" ?

Last edited:

silverbirch

i think its xp .... its that old !
it used to have a line, ...... the comp will switch on in 30 seconds ........ and there d be a count down but usually just before it fully booted it switched itself off... very frustrating.

Just wondering are there any tricks I could try to make it boot up ? at the moment Im hitting a brick wall

Insert the XP CD and boot with it. On the second page (I think) it should have a 'repair' option.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I ve got a Dell laptop, prob 6 or more yrs old now and
it was refurb when I bought it
If you have a Dell Laptop, it will have a 7-character "service tag" number on it.
Please advise us what that number is.
model no PP04X
Please advise us what its model name and model number is.
I'm guessing it's a Dell Latitude D820 or D830.

--------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online