1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Laptops screen problem!!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kevolution, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kevolution

Kevolution Thread Starter

I am so stuck! I have a Dell Latitude D505 laptop and had been working fine. I started to use a monitor with the laptop so i could watch the screen infront of me in bed. Shortly after i started to use the monitor with i had problems with the laptops screen, even when the monitor wasn't plugged in. The screen was working, however the light was off, you'd have to look very carfully and indeed the image was still there but with no light to see the screen! This happend for a day or two where it would start to flicker randomly sometimes untill after a few days, which is now, when the device is activated (such as when I slect the laptop screen and not the monitors from the display settings) the light comes on for about 4 seconds but then goes off! I can still see the image there but no light so unusable! I am using my monitor now but i will need my laptop to be portable soon! Please help :confused: :(

2. Gnomad

Gnomad

Sounds like either your lcd inverter or your backlight are going out.

3. Kevolution

Odd why it comes on for a bit though, the same each time?

4. Kevolution

Anyone?? :(

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You have to either do the repair and troubleshooting yourself or take the computer to a repair shop. There's obviously a loose/bad connection or failed hardware. The only way to find the problem is to check connections and replace parts.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice