1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude 13 Start-up Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by GSorby, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GSorby

GSorby Thread Starter

Hello.

I have researched extensively to see if I can find an answer to my problem but have had no luck. My Dell Latitude 13 has suddenly stopped working. I turned it on and Windows seemed to start but it hangs right before the login screen. All I got was a black screen with the arrow cursor in the middle and the laptop did nothing after that. The HDD light was on solid. I restarted several times but I get the same thing. I assumed the hard drive was bad so I replaced it and installed Windows 7 Professional and the installation went fine. After it finished the PC restarted and I get the "Setup is preparing Windows for first use" and it freezes just like it did before with the HDD light on solid. I have changed the BIOS settings back to default. No luck. I performed Dell diagnostics and no problems were found. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.
    George.

2. GSorby

GSorby Thread Starter

Okay. I left it running for about 2 hours on Setup is preparing your computer for first use and it finally went onto naming the computer etc. But when I click next it takes about 15 minutes to go to the next screen. Any ideas why the PC is hanging so much?

3. GSorby

GSorby Thread Starter

Sorry for the triple post but I NEED HELP!

Haha, thanks.

4. GSorby

GSorby Thread Starter

Sorry for the triple post but I NEED HELP!

Haha, thanks.

5. huggie54

huggie54

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice