Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Latitude 3490 wind 10 64 bit- no boot device found

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dry707jr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

My Dell Latitude 3490 crashed and I had to reinstall the win 10 Pro, 64 bit OS.

After restarting my laptop, it displayed "No Bootable Device Found "

I then went to the bios settings to change to Legacy Boot but still the same message appeared at boot up.

I then went to the Boot Sequence in the bios section to add a boot option under UEFI but l am not sure which boot option file name to select here.

The Legacy section only displays external storages, usb, dvd etc.. but no internal HDD.

Can some one assist me on how to select boot sequence / file name or how to get my laptop booting off it's internal HDD?

Thanks

nnombri

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like the computer can no longer see your bootable hard drive. This can happen when the connection(s) to the motherboard are dirty or loose or, when the hard drive fails (dies).

The BIOS must be able to see the bootable hard drive before the computer will be able to boot an Operating System (like Windows) from it.

#4 ·
I'm having the same problem with my Dell Latitude e6430 I clone my second hard drive that was in a CD caddy. I forgot to take out the battery when I swapped the drive now I get the no bootable device found on both drives. what should I do to fix it? I'm running Windows 10 64-bit Pro please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.