Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Latitude 5430 Laptop Bluetooth Not Detecting Device

5K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Dell Latitude E5430 Laptop Computer- 2nd gen Intel Core i3-2328M Processor (2.2GHz, 3M cache) | E5430BTO_2 using Windows 7 Home

I am trying to connect to a bluetooth speaker PB304, but it is not detecting it. The speakers claims it connected. I checked the service and saw the bluetooth is set on auto, I made sure it was turn on. I checked the drivers and they had the lasted updates.

Any idea how I can get the laptop to detect the speaker?

Thanks for reading my post.:D

#2 ·
It’s probably due to the Bluetooth technology. I doubt that the Dell have Bluetooth Smart Ready so it may not be connecting to the Bluetooth 4.2 speaker. Or if it was connecting then some features may not be working. To confirm you would need a Bluetooth version 4.2 adapter

#3 ·
Hi ... could you tell me where I can find this adapter?:unsure: Thanks for reading my post.:)

#4 ·
Hi ... could you tell me where I can find this adapter?:unsure: Thanks for reading my post.:)
Amazon would be your go-to or NewEgg. I would suggest reading the reviews first though... there seems to be some questionable devices for sale

#5 ·
I connect a bluetooth speaker to my Win 7 Home laptop regularly.
Are you positive you did the final step? Look in Control Panel then Sound. Have you set the bluetooth speaker as the default device? If you don't, the sound will continue to come through the laptop's built-in speakers.

#8 ·
In fact it doesn't connect with my bluetooth headphones. It may not detect or connect with any bluetooth device.:cautious:

#9 ·
Show a screenshot of device manager /network adapters

example
Smile Rectangle Font Circle Number

That way we can tell if it is turned on and functioning.

If you don't see any bluetooth listing, that means it is not turned on or it is not functioning or your laptop doesn't have bluetooth capability.

#11 ·
Yes, it looks like you have bluetooth v 4.

I was only able to find a 2 page "manual" which is probably the same sheet that came with the bluetooth speaker.

Highlight Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, click on Action and disable it.
Apparently this is useful only if your device does not have bluetooth.
See if disabling it allows the Dell driver to be used.

#12 ·
I disable it, but still not seeing any of the bluetooth devices. I'm having another problem with this laptop where I'm no longer getting sound through external speakers so I plan to try using a recovery disc in hopes to correct it. Do you think it might do the same for the bluetooth?:unsure:

#13 ·
I have no idea what a recovery disk would do. I've never used one on any Windows 7 computer. (We have four of them).
I make images. When 7 was patched each monthly, I did my images monthly before installing the patches. Now I do it about every 8 - 10 weeks because the only changes are browser and malwarebytes updates for the most part. If something goes wrong, I restore the newest image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.