1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude 610 boot up to usb cd rom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by codan, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codan

codan Thread Starter

Well its like this, all is not good at this point !!!!!!!
    1: can't boot up from disk , all I get is it asking for the location of the COMMAND.COM INTERPRETER
    2: Once I do get it to boot what do I need to get dos to recognize the external CD ROM that is connect to the USB port, so that I am able to install Win XP.
    3: Or is there another way to connect the external ROM to the laptop rather than using the usb port.

Your help on this matter would be greatly accepted.
    cheers CODAN:confused:

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy codan...

You might try here Bootdisk, download the XP boot disks, once downloaded, double click on the downloaded file to create the floppies...

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You'll also likely need to download specific USB CD-ROM drivers for your model of CD-ROM and add them to the bootdisk if the XP bootdisk don't detect the CD-ROM.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/162973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice