1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell latitude battery problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thompearse, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thompearse

thompearse Thread Starter

I bought a second user dell latitude L400 from a retailer. It works fine on mains power but after having been off for a while it will not start up on battery power. It will start on batteries immediately after being used on the mains but not after an hour or so.

The dealer gave me a replacement battery and pointed out that the corners of the battery (ref 942RV) were damaged. When I took the machine to him as econd time he pointed out that the battery corners are damaged again and it has longitudinal cracks in the case.

The dealer suspects that I have mistreated the machne and refuses to do any more for me. I have not misused it and have in fact barely used it. It has never left the house except to visit the dealer.

I have ordered a replacement battery but am worried that the machine is cusing damage.

Any views?::)

2. starcab

starcab

If the laptop is causing problems to the battery I don't think it's worth it to buy any more new batteries.Did the dealer say if it's possible to fix the laptop?

3. thompearse

thompearse Thread Starter

Thanks for your interest
    The dealer refused to acknowledge that there was any fault with the laptop. He made it clear that he thought I was the problem. Is it possible for the laptop to damage the battery? I guessed that perhaps the machine is overheating but I don't know how to tell. I do not intend to visit the dealeragain as he denies any fault.
    best regards

4. starcab

starcab

Well,everything is possible,especially if the laptop is bought as "second hand" or used your never can know if the previous owner experienced problems with it.You can check if it's overheating,if you enter the BIOS you will propably find the temperatures.But there are also various 3rd party programs that will do the job.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/525603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice