1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude CPi Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeekDude16, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GeekDude16

GeekDude16 Thread Starter

Dell Latitude CPi laptop. Worked fine earlier, knocked it off a monitor it was sitting on and now it doesn't work, go figure. It was off and closed when it fell. The biggest clue I have is this: When I hit the power button, the light comes on, screen stays black, but as soon as the battery charge light comes on (blinks periodically to let you know battery's charging) the light goes off. Nothing on the screen. When I try to turn it on without being plugged in, the power light blinks and screen still black. I've been working on this laptop for a while, and would like to get it working again. anyone have any ideas? I'd be happy to give any more information if needed.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Is the battery fully charged???

3. GeekDude16

Yes, battery is fully charged.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood.......

Have you tried it just on the battery?

5. GeekDude16

yes, without being plugged in it stays on, but the power light just blinks every few seconds. No activity otherwise. no hard drive light, no screen

6. bonk

bonk Banned

OK, Have you taken the battery out and re seated it and if the Hard drive is accessible re-seat that as well. But I think something has got broken.

Can you get into Bios

here are the usual keys for entering Bios to press on startup.

• {Delete} (modern Award and AMI BIOSes)
    • {F2} (modern Phoenix BIOSes)
    • {Ctrl}+{Alt}+{Esc}
    • {Ctrl}+{Esc}
    • {Alt}+{Esc}
    • {Ctrl}+{Alt}+{S}
    • {F1}

7. GeekDude16

reseated both, that seams to have worked.... I'll post more if anything weird happens. Looks like I got lucky though. No more leaving the laptop on insecure platforms =)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice