1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude D600 battery dying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LouCopits, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LouCopits

LouCopits Thread Starter

The internal "button' battery is dying. Can anyone help with battery specs and how to install it without electrocuting myself?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Internals of computers are 12 volts or less, so electrocution is not really possible. Even the power supplies are usually 19 volts and split among outputs. You couldn't even get a shock with the power turned off like you could with TV sets, even if unplugged.

You shouldn't be touching anything metal and leaving salt inside the machine, anyway.

Given the difficulty of dismantling laptops and getting them back together, you may want to take it to someone who has experience with that model.

4. LouCopits

LouCopits Thread Starter

My son informs me that it is not necessary to replace the battery, that it gets recharged automatically when necessary.

The laptop had been unused for 6 months or so and when I booted it up I got a message about low battery

I now wonder if it is necessary to replace the battery.

What say you?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice