Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Latitude D600/Cannot find server-Microsoft Explorer

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Dell Latitude D600 / Cannot find server- Microsoft Explorer. i have connection ,everything looks ok but it will not connect

Attachments

#4 ·
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0B-DB-A2-F7-AD
What this means is that there is no physical connectivity. So the issue will typically be either 1) the port on the computer is bad, 2) the cable is bad, or 3) the port on the modem / router / other device you are connected to is bad. Try a new, known good cable to test between the laptop and the device you are connecting to. Also, what are you trying to connect to with this laptop? Are you also using a dock with this laptop?

Since this is a laptop, are you using your laptop's wireless connection as a connection for other machines to connect to? If not, then you should edit that connection to be DHCP and you can at least get online that way... unless there is a reason it has a static IP?

#5 ·
I have wireless connection with 3 other computer ,they are connect to a modern ,But this Dell latitude D600 is the problem,Yes i get a message on the dell pc that there is a conflict IP ,,another computer using same IP,,
I have try to change IP on this Dell ,but it dosent work.

#6 ·
Brand and model of gateway or router in use? You have to either have a modem/router combo, called a gateway or a router because 3 computers can not connect to a modem. A modem allows 1 connection.

Have you powered down the gateway or router so all the devices get a new IP?

Also don't fire up Internet Explorer. The computer is from 2004 so probably includes a version of IE that no longer works. The highest version that could be installed in XP is v 8.
IE 11 will be supported on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 until next year
Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/internet-explorer-microsoft-edge

On one of the working computers you need to download a browser that is supported on XP; there aren't many of them. MyPal looked good but he has stopped development.
https://www.mypal-browser.org/

#7 ·
Brand and model of gateway or router in use? You have to either have a modem/router combo, called a gateway or a router because 3 computers can not connect to a modem. A modem allows 1 connection.

Have you powered down the gateway or router so all the devices get a new IP?

Also don't fire up Internet Explorer. The computer is from 2004 so probably includes a version of IE that no longer works. The highest version that could be installed in XP is v 8.
IE 11 will be supported on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 until next year
Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/internet-explorer-microsoft-edge

On one of the working computers you need to download a browser that is supported on XP; there aren't many of them. MyPal looked good but he has stopped development.
https://www.mypal-browser.org/
Hi
After doing this and that i manage to install MyPal and to my surprise it works right away,,browser seen to have been the problem all this months .
Video at time seen to be a bit slow but it works .Question what should i do with Windows XP ? and do you know other browser that may work ?
and also thank for the help, was a learning experience.
Thank You Again.

#8 ·
what should i do with Windows XP ?
Our XP computers do not go on the internet. We have an old printer hooked up to the one XP computer and we use it to print labels.

do you know other browser that may work ?
My Pal is the only working browser for XP.
Truthfully, I would not plan to surf on an XP computer because it has not been patched in more than 7 years. April 8, 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.