1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by see007, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. see007

see007 Guest Thread Starter

Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!! :(Hello every one ...
    basically my dell latitude d600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd am not sure why....
    I am trying to install fresh windows in there, I don’t think there is any probe with dos setup everything is fine but to be honest am not 100% sure, so would you guys be able to help....cheers every one.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

When you first power up the computer,start tapping F12 and
    it should take you to a boot menu.
    Select the CD drive and hit enter.
    Then,watch the screen for "press any key to boot to CD" and
    hit a key.

3. see007

Did that already and it’s not working this is why I posted this thread!
    Thanks

4. Claymore

Claymore

Couple of questions:

This CD, is it a factory restore CD from Dell, or a store-bought XP CD, or a CD you copied or made yourself, e.g. a slipstreamed CD?

If you insert the CD while still in Windows, does it autostart?

Oh, and have you tried it in another computer? Just enough to see if you get the "Press any key..." message - not to try any kind of installation.

5. see007

Hello
    The CD is made by myself I tested that CD and installed windows xp on other computers without a probe, yes thou it dose auto run the CD when I am already in windows, but as
    I said it won’t boot at the start so I can format and install windows xp.
    Thanks

6. Claymore

Claymore

Does your computer recognize other boot CD's (if you have one)? If it does, then it may be just this CD. It's happened to me with slipstreamed CD's - they work in some computers and not others.

7. see007

hmmmm am not so sure about this part so i well try and make a diffrent cd and try it out.... cheers mate

8. see007

nop its not working still..... any one can help i still cant solve this :(

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/807230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice