1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude D600 won't boot up!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Travis9000, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travis9000

Travis9000 Thread Starter

Hello!, My Dell Latitude D600 has stopped working for about a week now and I've been searching through many forums on how to fix it. I have a mixed variety of symptoms. When I try to turn on normally (Just holding down the power button) All the lights, caps lock, scroll lk, power, etc except the battery light but then turn off after a few seconds. Also, when I hold down the power button, and windows button all the lights go on, then the battery light goes red, and then the computer starts to run. (I can hear the fan, and the CD Drive starts working) but the computer monitor still remains black. I have left it like that for a few minutes, but the same symptoms still occur after. Any feed back on this would help, thanks in advance!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    It could be a problem with the power supply or possibly the motherboard. I had that model and im guessing its at least 7 years old.I got rid of mine because the motherboard went and it wasnt worth fixing.

3. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice