1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude d600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robcon, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robcon

robcon Thread Starter

Just got a new Dell Latitude d600 laptop. I used it today at work sometimes without power cord and sometimes with. I left it up for about 1 hour and later today for some reason it wont power up. I suspect the battery has run down but I have a power cord and it still wont power up. Does anyone have any insight on how to trouble shoot to see what the issue is?

2. mobo

mobo

It may require you to recharge the battery somewhat before powering up at all.

3. robcon

robcon Thread Starter

Even with a power cord?

4. mobo

mobo

If you kiled the battery totally then yes it is possible just like a car battery.

5. robcon

robcon Thread Starter

OOOh damn...so just plug it up to out let and let it sit overnight...u think that may help.

6. mobo

mobo

Maybe , but not that long. I would try an hour or two first.

7. robcon

robcon Thread Starter

Well its been an hour and teh battery indicator buttons on bottom arent registering any charge

8. mobo

mobo

No charge ? You may have a problem there. Is tgis the first recharge for you ? If so are there any things according to the manual that are nessecary ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/153790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice