1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude d630 No Power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by musician11, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. musician11

musician11 Thread Starter

Hello... I'm hoping someone can help me out on this...

I replaced the LCD for the dell laptop since it was stepped on an broken. The computer worked perfectly before installing the new screen, except for the fact that you could only see on half the screen and the other half was shattered.

I bought the screen off of ebay using a part number and installed it. Now the united doesn't even power up. Nothing, completely dead. It was suggested that the motherboard fried and perhaps it was the wrong part... however it never turned on at all since. Not for a second or anything. Took it to another guy and he said the keyboard isn't hitting the power button and there should be a way to turn it on without the keyboard. Perhaps under the wifi? I can't find the switch, though it looks to me like its just on the keyboard. If so, is it possible that it's just the keyboard that was busted? I did remove it because I thought it was necessary though it turned out not to be.

Any help would be really great, as it appears as though I broke my bosses relatively new laptop. Thanks in advance.

Dana :eek:

2. gberger

gberger

Let's try the simplest thing first - are you sure you reconnected the keyboard when you reassembled the laptop? There is a small connector with a cable.

3. musician11

musician11 Thread Starter

Yes, the keyboard was connected for sure and I've also checked the plug one or twice afterwards. Nothing...

4. gberger

gberger

Sorry, I responded to the wrong thread with that keyboard comment...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice