1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude E6320

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fisher783, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

Hi all I have a Dell Latitude E6320 here, it has a real dim screen.

I have tried using the hot keys to increase the brightness of the screene ( even though it looks like the back light has gone, I checked anyways)

I have replaced the screen... .still the same.

I have even replaced the cable from the mobo to the screen and the results are still the same.

I have also done a diagnostic on the graphics card etc, all seems well.

I am not sure on what else to think unless the screen bought was also dodgy.

The screen was replaced due to the original being cracked.

Im not sure what else to think, does anyone have any good ideas on what could be the issue here :S

Thanx in advance.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Its possible that the new screen has problems. you might want to have it looked at and go from there. then you will know what the exact problem is.

3. gberger

gberger

Have you checked the power saving settings? Does this only happen when it's not plugged in to the wall, or all the time?

4. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

It does sounds like a power issue as when i start the laptop it comes up with:

"Aler! The AC power Adapter wattagge and type cannot be determined. the battery may not charge. the system will adjust the performance to match the power available.

Srike the F3 key (before the f1 or f2 key) if you do not want to see power warning message again.
    To continue press F1 key
    To change setup option press F2 key
    To run onboard diagnostics press F5 key"

Ran the dignostics all is fine.
    Its always plugged in coz it doesnt hold a charge anyways.

5. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

baring in mind at the moment it is stripped down and plugged into a monitor. No battery, No Cd drive hdd and ram is still there. But im using a universal charger set at 19v.

6. gberger

gberger

Well, you might try a different charger. Note that the message says 'the system will adjust the performance to match the power available', this could include screen brightness.

7. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

I have had a look at the chargers which are standard for this laptop, they are set at 19.5v if power isnt the problem then what would be?

8. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    a lot of laptops sometimes just "DONT LIKE" universal adapters and the voltage might have to be exact. Sometimes a slight variation will work sometimes not.

9. gberger

gberger

My money is on the charger. I've gotten third-party chargers off ebay that work fine, I don't think it's necessary to pay the full Dell asking price, but just make sure it's specified to be compatible with your model.

10. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

I will get one and see what happens will post the results in a few days :) thanx for the help.

11. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

I have used a standard hp charger for the laptop as I keep a lot of spares. Its the correct one. But no luck it still has a dim screen. Im really stumped. Usualy its an easy fix -.-

12. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

Right. ... I have bought yet another screen from some where else n it still doesnt show anything ..... external monitor works... im stumped ....

13. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    try the inverter....its what powers the LCD. Be careful when messing with the inverter, because it could be quite a "shocking" experience

14. Fisher783

Fisher783 Thread Starter

Isnt that attached to the screen though? I have noticed that the lcd cable goes to a small logic board behind the screen at the bottom.as well as going to the main board. Anyone know what the small logic board does?

15. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    no...it should be a separate part. BUT it packs a wallop of juice so be careful. Check the Dell website to access your manual and see how to remove/replace it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice