1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drummerboy84, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drummerboy84

Drummerboy84 Thread Starter

I have just bought a Dell Latitude LS laptop (used) and I want to upgrade the RAM. It only has 128 MB. How do I take it apart and put more RAM in and where can I get the RAM cheap? Also, would it be possible to upgrade the processor eventualy? (it has a pentiun III as of right now).

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

You can go to Dell support, enter your notebook model or identification code and navigate to replace hardware for a guide on replaceing the memory. If you go to system specs on the same site, it will tell you what kind of memory it uses and how much it will hold . .

You can also use the Memory Configuration at www.crucial.com to get the same info. Dell's do not handle cheap memory well so stick with Crucial . . price is competitive and they gurantee it will work in the notebook.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to upgrade processors on todays notebooks . . dammit! You can upgrade memory and hard drive but nothing else.

wrs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice