1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Latitude Monitor Problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PCMan78, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMan78

PCMan78 Thread Starter

I have a question. I just purchased an LCD screen for my Dell CPi laptop. It came with the whole casing and internal inverter. The size of the screen was the same and it also said CPi on the outside. The only problem is that my laptop will not boot whenver I hit the power button. The battery indicator light on the laptop just blinks red. I opened the LCD and saw that the LCD inverter was different that mine (it mounts underneath the LCD screen. Mine mounts on the side). I put mine back on and it fired up with no problem. I believe it may be some power compatibility issue with the laptop screen.

Also, I will tell you what is wrong with my LCD. Maybe one of you could have a solution. The screen is missing vertically about 1/4 of the way to the right (1/4 of the screen is vertically black). I have tried moving, replugging the flex wires, checking for loose connections every, and tapping on the outside.

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi PCMan78

If the computer won't boot with the new screen then either its bad or the wrong display for your computer. Make sure that you have a CPi laptop and not a CPiA laptop. They look alike but use different parts. The replacement screen you want should have the inverter in the same place as the one you have.

It does sound like you have a bad LCD display. Have you hooked up an external monitor in the back to see if it shows the video correctly?

3. PCMan78

PCMan78 Thread Starter

Hey. I believe it is probably a wrong display. The inverter is behind the screen and the casing that the LCD fits in is actually thicker too. I just hooked the laptop up to an external CRT and it works fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice