Dell MediaDirect 3 installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tnvr_80

Hi,

I have this Dell Inspiron 6400 with 80GB HDD. This cameup with Windows XP MediaCenter. I repartition my HDD and in the process deleted all my partitions. Now i have downloaded MediaDirect 3 and already have a WINDOWS Vista DVD which I bought (but not from DELL). Is there anyway I can have the mediadirect button working with MediaDirect?

And also I would like to install RedHat Linux on my laptop. How would it effect my MediaDirect.

Please need an urgent help.
Tanvir

DellCA

Account Closed
This is John at Dell headquarters.

In order for Media Direct to work properly, you must install Dell Quickset. It won't work in Linux, but you can jump from Vista into Mediadirect if everything is installed properly.

Check this link, it may be helpful:

Media Direct Walkthrough

This should show you everything you need to install it succesfully. Let me know how this works.

John
Dell Customer Advocate

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online