1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell monitor keeps going black

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by belcherfamily, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. belcherfamily

belcherfamily Thread Starter

My Dell monitor keeps going black. The only way I can get it to come back on is to push the power off and back on. After I get to come back on it goes back off. I have got to stay on for a couple hours but it went black again and I have not got it to stay on any longer.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If possible try the Monitor on a different computer to see if it does the same thing. If not then it may be either a cable or graphics card problem.

3. belcherfamily

belcherfamily Thread Starter

I don't have another computer to try the monitor on. Is there a way I can tell if its my card?

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Does the computer have Onboard Video? Or just a descrete Video Card?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/958733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice