1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell no sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by funky105, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funky105

funky105 Thread Starter

so i have a dell dimension e520 desktop , and my sound seems to be lost , when i go to
    start - > all programs -> accessories ->entertainment -> volume control it says
    There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer device, go to Control panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add hardware.
    this program will now close.
    and there is no speaker icon in the list next to the clock.
    control panel - sound - all of the options are gray
    i thought it was the onboard audio card , so today i bought one , and still there are no changes .

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Have you tried going to the device manager and see if theres any yellow question marks under audio?Im going to guess that you are missing the audio drivers.You can get the correct drivers for that model by going to dell support drivers and downloads and use your service tag and it should give you all the correct ones needed.

3. funky105

funky105 Thread Starter

yes there is , one i have my windows in russian and i guess it was WINMM something and after the first post i did reinstall windows and reinstalling everything did help i did have sound after all the drivers were installed but today i was switching from the onboard to the one i bought and again i have no sound :/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice