1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell optiplex pc 980 no post no bios no display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wtfpc, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtfpc

wtfpc Thread Starter

hello all... i had this pc running at one point with a junk graphics card in it and low rated power supply..win 10..i put a 650 w power supply in it with a 760 nvidia....and the proper connector for it which i ordered n installed...the pc was in working order b4 i removed the card and power supply...i put my card in with the new connector and power supply checked all the plug ins to make sure to eliminate any issues.....i booted it up and no dell logo no bios...no display but i did see 3 and 4 lit up in amber and 1 blinking at random every like 5-10 seconds...i looked up the error codes and it said something to do with the ram module...i reseated all my ram tried 1 stick at a time in all the slots that it has available...rebooted nothing....i reset the battery by removing it and waiting quite a while b4 putting it back in....holding down the power button also in addition...to discharge it after removing the battery ...i put the jumper on the reset jumper to reset the bios....i also reverted back to the original config with the card that was in it with the power supply that was in it...and i still got the same error...3/4 blinking 1...everything ive tried to do for this pc has failed and idk what to do at this point...ive also went barebones with it and only plugged in the monitor and the power to it ..so i figured id ask in this forum.
    i have 7 different sticks of ram to try...and i tried them all in different slots and still no luck with it...it fires up with a solid blue power light with 3/4 solid and 1 blinking still....what could this issue be? please help....i have 2 pcs that do this...and no functioning pc atm.....only a borrowed laptop :( please help if you can

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice