1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell PC Restore by Symantec

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Lavender, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lavender

Lavender Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have Dell Inspiron 640M Windows XP Home Edition. I'm looking for ways toe copy the PC Restore by Symantec. Has anyone really tried copying it, if so, how did you go about in doing so?

Thanks for any advice,

2. muddler

muddler

3. Lavender

Lavender Thread Starter

Hi Muddler,
    I have seen the link you provided above. But it does not have information regarding copying PC Restore. Thanks anyway.

4. muddler

muddler

Hello Lavender. Sorry the link was unable to help. What I would suggest doing now is for you to google "pc restore by symantec" obviously you will know specifically what you are looking for I'm sure you will appreciate it is hard to fully grasp what is needed long distance.

5. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

6. Lavender

Lavender Thread Starter

Hello,
    Thank you both for your help. With regards to the Goodell's website, I've already visited it before, and it does not have how to copy it. I guess I'm looking for information on actually doing the copying, the how-tos. I have done search over the internet, and not much out there. Anyway, thanks for stopping by to reply to my post.

7. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Scroll down to "Saving a Copy of the Ghost Image (DSR-DOS)" and follow the directions. If it's the partition you want to copy that can be done once the restore partition is exposed.
    Also a little further up the page will have a link to where you can get a copy of ptedit which you will need.

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/recover.htm

8. Lavender

Lavender Thread Starter

Hello Rick_in_Fla,
    Thank you for the link. I'm going through it now, but I think this is something beyond my current capabilities as a computer user. I guess there is no easier way in copying the DSR. I was hoping that it would be as simple as simply finding the file for DSR and then copying it. Thanks again.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/632146