1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell printers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by allycat85, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. allycat85

allycat85 Thread Starter

Hey, I was just wondering if those cheap remanufactured ink cartridges for Dell computers are the real deal or do the more expensive Dell cartridges last longer? Im a college student trying to find the cheapest way to buy cartridges. Thanks

2. colmaca

colmaca

I believe that refilling might be just what you are looking for, saves a lot off money .

http://www.cartridgeworld.com/

thats just one company I'v seen they got many shops worldwide

3. allycat85

allycat85 Thread Starter

Thanks for the site. Can u suggest a website from which to buy a cartridge? The printer did not come with ink so guess i cant do any refilling till I at least find the cash for a black and color cartridge.

4. colmaca

colmaca

I carn't recomend a site as I don't know what country your in. I know my local kmart or computer shop has them.

5. allycat85

allycat85 Thread Starter

I'm in the USA. Well it seems I cant buy Dell cartridges in any local store. It has to be bought from them at incredibly high prices. Online some random websites are promoting remanufactured dell ink cartridges at low prices but ive never heard of any of those companies.

6. colmaca

colmaca

7. colmaca

colmaca

8. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The printer model would help.

Dell do not make printers, they just put their sticker on other makes (usually Lexmark), so knowing the model means you may be able to have a choice of a Dell or Lexmark (or whatever) cartridge.

Personally I gave up on refilled cartidges a while back, but the main issue was print quality. If it's only for draft work its OK, but certainly fell short of "presentation quality" fo me.

9. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

I think if you look at the cost of a single set of Dell cartridges for the Dell printer and compare that cost to the cost of a cheap printer, you'll find the amount is close to the same.

Having to buy cartridges through the mail, over the internet, etc. and not being able to get any locally is a hassle you would want to avoid.

I advise against Dell printers for this reason.

10. allycat85

allycat85 Thread Starter

Yeah its a pain but it came free with my Dell laptop which was expensive enough for the time being. The model is A920 and I'm assuming its Lexmark since they found a way to put the Dell logo to it. Thanks for the sites colmaca, I had been looking at one called Meretline but my lack of knowledge with online shopping for computer things made me uncertain.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice