1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Rack Console switching option

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zillah, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

We have got Dell PowerEdge Rack Console 15FP, is connected to different servers.
    I could not figure out what is the proper key that let us to switch between these different servers,,,,yes there is an option (F10) to logout from the console.

I tried PRINTSCREEN, it did not work

2. Kustom

Kustom

Ill be able to help you out with this, Im not showing 15fp as a poweredge server model number. Please clarify your model number or you may post your servicetag/express service code and I can look it up.

3. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, all the information that i found is :

S/N CH04Y067-12963-3BE-0ETD,,,,,,REV A00,,,,,,,,,,,,,It is was very difficult to read the serail number, because it is in such cornet I could not see it properly

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy folks...

zillah...

Ya know unless I'm gravely misstaken ( and I could be :) ), this rack mount doesn't serve as a KVM switch ( everything I could find it was just a monitor and a keyboard ), you should have a seperate KVM switch somewhere...

Try double tapping the Scroll lock key, or the up and down arrow keys, or even maybe the scroll lock and the up or down arrow key...

5. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Yes it does have, because I have got one monitor and one key board and one mouse to switch between servers. If I power off the switch and power on again .
    1- First I have to login to the console, if I want to logout I have to press F10.
    2- After login to the console, I can see the list of servers, now if I choose one server , I will be stuck there , I can not switch to other serve, unless I have to power off the switch and power on it again.

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

That's interesting...

The Dell manuals I've looked at just showed it as a monitor and keyboard...

Have you tried the ESC key, or maybe ALT + ESC, CTRL + ESC?

7. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

As far as I remember , yes, but I will try them again

8. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

I tried all these combination, but without any success.

9. thrarc

thrarc

You've probably already found a solution to your problem, but if not ours brings up the server selection list if you hit "print screen" - then you can arrow up or down the list to the server you want and press "enter" to select it.

Hope I didn't waste your time here.

10. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Unfortunately i can not try this because i left the company that I used to work for them.

Thanks for your sharing

11. bdiederichs

bdiederichs

hit scroll lock twice then hit the space bar to bring up a list of connected machines.
    use the arrow keys and enter to swap between them

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice