1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Refurbished Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mzpro5, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mzpro5

mzpro5 Thread Starter

Anyone have experience with "refurbished" products from Dell? Particularly laptops? I have a friend that would like to get a laptop but has a pretty limited budget.

It seems like they have some good deals but I wonder about reliability.

2. wedor

wedor

I find the refurb Dell to be a far superior buy than new. When you buy new you are often the first person to ever turn on the system, a refurb has been turned on and failed so it is sent back for extensive testing not done to a new system, after testing to make sure it works properly it is now sold at a good discount.

The refurb looks like new and has exactly the same warranty it just cost less. The only area where it is not a better deal is if you need some specific feature, you cannot order them built with extra parts beyond a few.

Dell gets so many refurbs that the best method for buying one is to know what you want ahead of time and what you are willing to pay for it, they have new systems come up for sale several times a day so if you have the time and know what you need it can be a very satisfactory system purchase.

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

My experience is that Dell laptops are like tanks . . nothing can hurt them! . . most of the referbs come from corporate lease programs and are usually very good value for money. I bought one in 1997 and the damn thing would not break . . I finally retired it, although it hurt to toss a perfectly good laptop . . but it was just too far out of date . . but it is still working!

wrs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/341072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice