Dell router, problem with port forwarding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

toolkit

I have a Dell router, it is a Wireless 2350. I would like to set up a port forwarding for my IP web cam but all possible port forwardings are taken. My router can only handle ten of them.
The thing is that I have not set up any of them my self, I'm 110% sure of that. Seven of them seems to be related to my IP-phone (which I have put in an DMZ so I don't think that it would need any other port forwarding?) and three of them is related to Skype. None of these is possible to delete. When i try to delete any one of them the web gui interface reloads but the port forwarding is still there.

Is it possible for my IP-phone box and Skype to automaticly configure my router in this way?

Can I get around it and delete the forwardings (or just one of them) in some way?

Sorry about my bad english, I'm swedish...

/toolkit

toolkit

Anyone?
Can it be some kind of default values from Dell?
Is there anyone with a Dell Wireless 2350 router with firmware version 1.46.10 who can check if this is the same at your router?

/toolkit

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Some things you can try here.

1. For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
  2. Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
  3. Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online